Gaining 1st Hand Knowledge on SEO & Online Marketing for my WebStore | Ramblings of an e-trader

Sunday 29 October 2006

Gaining 1st Hand Knowledge on SEO & Online Marketing for my WebStore

As an internet marketer trying to gain maximum exposure in the big, bad world of internet where there are millions and millions of blogs and online stores, I have a hard time converting my blog readers into WebStore visitors.

After over a year of setting up the
WebStore, it's time to have a good look at my marketing strategy while optimising my Webstore.

I realise that I am not making use of keywords fully to enable search engines to rank my page higher. It's no use getting first spot when people search for "Cyberpartygal" when what I actually need is to get first spot for searches for "sexy lingerie", as an example.

Paul O'Brien, who was with Yahoo and is now Head of Online Marketing for a leading brand's direct to consumer business, has a blog,
Search Engine optimization and online marketing blog SEO'Brien, which teaches us search engine optimization and generously dispenses tips and tricks of online marketing, and all for free too.

I have gained alot of positive information from his blog and I will start working on my own
WebStore in search engine optimization by peppering relevant keywords throughout my WebStore, and then beg look for internet heavyweights to link to my WebStore.

Ahhh I didn't know that even in linking, we need to use keyword rich text. No wonder just linking to "
Cyberpartygal's WebStore" is not enough.

I am confident that with Paul O'Brien's first hand knowledge and guidance, I will be able to improve on my WebStore page rank 3 and it will no longer appear in the back pages of searches.

With these valuable lessons gained from
Search Engine optimization and online marketing blog SEO'Brien all for free, who needs to buy e-books anymore?

0 comments:

Post a Comment