Reconsidering My Policy ....... | Ramblings of an e-trader

Monday 9 October 2006

Reconsidering My Policy .......

.... of leaving a positive feedback to my buyers as soon as payment is received.

I always believed that once payment is received, the buyer has done his part in being a "good buyer", even if the payment came later than the 3-day payment period allowed. This is what I have been doing the 1.75 years that I trade online.

Moreover, I also do not post a negative feedback to those who went missing after winning my auction. I believe in leaving the door open for future trades. Although I may be weary of this person forever, I never will close the door.

Lately, reading from international trade discussion boards, there seems to be the current trend of Buyers leaving a negative feedback to Sellers and these Sellers have no avenue to make the Buyer withdraw the negative feedback.

The mutual feedback withdraw only works if both sides have left a negative on each other. However, the comment will still be on profile for all to see, just that the feedback count will be adjusted without taking the negative into consideration.

In many of such cases, the Buyers really shouldn't have any reason to leave a negative. They just did it, perhaps due to jealousy or sabotage or just to spite the Seller or to mar his/her records.

Although I am honest Seller and provide full details in my description and include real images (and not stock photos) in my sales, I may have to change policy and wait for my Buyer to receive the item first, and leave me a feedback. Then only do I reciprocate accordingly.

Should I, or shouldn't I?

0 comments:

Post a Comment