My Aunt's TV Is Fried | Ramblings of an e-trader

Saturday 15 December 2007

My Aunt's TV Is Fried

If you are living in Malaysia, I am sure you also have felt that the weather has gone weird. Ipoh is exceptionally bad with thunderstorm every evening. I don't like it only because my pets are frighten of the thunder and that I would have to unplug every single electronic and electrical item. I burnt my modem twice due to lightning strike because I was not fast enough in unplugging so I am no longer taking chances.

Last evening, I received a call from my aunt that her TV was struck by lightning. She already switched it off but did not unplug the cable from the socket. Hmm that is a costly mistake!

Her son, my cousin, is very happy because he said that now he has an excuse to buy an LCD TV, which his parents have refused to all along because they already have a perfectly fine TV even if it's only a CRT.

I told my aunt that LCD TVs are not that expensive anymore since they are so common nowadays so perhaps they will be getting one finally!

0 comments:

Post a Comment