Medical Technology For The Elderly | Ramblings of an e-trader

Sunday 15 November 2009

Medical Technology For The Elderly

While I am luckier than most of my friends in the sense that I do not have to worry about my parents' medical expenses since they qualify for 100% lifetime medical care thanks to the Government, there is still no defying age and the physical ravages that it brings on a person's body. I've lived with my elderly grandparents previously so I know.

Luckily, technology has provided us with devices that could somewhat give us peace of mind. For example, even if we are not around at home, we could still install a CCTV system at home at a reasonable price to keep an eye on our family.

Old people who are very prone to falling now have the aid of a Medical Alert that is worn around the neck. This device sends an alert so that even if the person is injured or do not feel the need to press the emergency button, the Medical Alert would still be able to detect the fall and help would be on the way, no matter where the person is.

I am impressed that this is a round the clock, global protection and it would still enable an elderly person to keep his or her independence, with a helping hand on standby, just in case it is needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment