Creative Interior Designing & Style | Ramblings of an e-trader

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Creative Interior Designing & Style

My friend, Paul, who is an architect-cum-contractor, told me that he has plans to set up a new division in his company to take care of interior designing for his clients. He said that he is studying interior design now. I thought that he was joking.

Paul must be thinking that interior design is simple or perhaps he thinks that he's Superman or something. How can one man possibly take on all the tasks from designing a building to building it to furnishing it? I know he has staff to follow through but it's simply unrealistic but specialize in so many different fields.

I was browsing through the website of CharlesNeal Interiors and although it doesn't look too difficult arranging different things together in a room to create a unique setting, it certainly isn't easy either. I know I wouldn't be able to come up with something warm and unique even though I have read quite a few interior design magazines.

I told Paul that he should just forget about doing interior design himself and collaborate with an established designer instead since it would take him years to reach a certain level of professionalism in interior designing! That would be more practical, wouldn’t it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment