Too Frequent Server Downtime | Ramblings of an e-trader

Friday 3 September 2010

Too Frequent Server Downtime

My friend told me that she is experience server downtime way too often, she is finding it hard to run her online store. I can certainly understand her frustrations and I feel the same when the server is down, when there is a glitch with my online store or when my computer acts up, like it is now.

But I always tell myself that money can solve a lot of problems. If a problem can be solved with money, it isn't a problem. In my friend's case, I told her to subscribe to dedicated hosting and enjoy almost 100% server uptime. In addition, she would get to enjoy 24/7 technical support and customer service because she would be a premium customer.

I don't have dedicated hosting myself but if I experience what she is going through right now, i definitely would consider buying it. I know that it would increase my monthly operating cost but then to bear with all the down times which will then affect sales and revenue is like playing a zero sum game.

I told my friend that complaining daily is not going to help. She needs to make a decision soon to end all these frustrations and I know that once she has migrated to dedicated hosting, she would see the difference and this would be like a bad dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment