Investment Plan | Ramblings of an e-trader

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Investment Plan

A friend asked me how he should invest his savings. A few years ago, I told him to open a fixed deposit account but he said that his savings wasn't large enough. Now that he has enough, I don't think he should keep in his savings in an FD.

No doubt, FD is the safest form of savings but it's not investment. Besides, over the past few years, we have seen how high commodity prices have risen, particularly precious metals like gold and silver. Now, I think he should use his cash to buy gold and silver bars.

Some people say that the price of gold and silver are already too high but judging from the slack economy and turmoil in many countries around the world, I am confident that the price of precious metals and other raw material could only go one way: UP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment