Email From Bank With Links | Ramblings of an e-trader

Thursday 19 May 2011

Email From Bank With Links

On and off, I receive email newsletter from a major foreign bank where I am a customer. I shall not disclose the name of the bank in case they come and look me up but I feel that it is an internet security boo-boo that they have included links in the email to their website.

We all know not to click on links in email even from trusted sources but banks should know not to tempt us to take the short cut and click on the links, instead of logging in to our banking account directly from our browser.

Obviously, I delete such email every time but I feel that we have to be extremely alert and not suffer from lapse in concentration otherwise, we end up clicking on the links!

0 comments:

Post a Comment