The Weak Ringgit | Ramblings of an e-trader

Tuesday 17 June 2014

The Weak Ringgit

Having spent 9 days in Europe, specifically in Holland, I was so conscious of the weak Ringgit. I wouldn't say that things are expensive in when prices are quoted in Euro, because they actually aren't that pricey, but I surely felt the pinch each time I converted Euro to Ringgit, multiplying by almost 4.5 times! 

It wouldn't be so bad if I was earning Euro and spending Euro, but I was only earning Ringgit, and not that regularly, so the difference was really noticeable! It would be worse if I was in England!

My friend, who is currently travelling Europe with her young son also felt the huge gap between Ringgit and Euro. Wouldn't it be great if our currency is at par with Euro or even British Pounds? Well, if not, USD and AUD would also do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment