Return Of Mini Skirts | Ramblings of an e-trader

Thursday 10 September 2009

Return Of Mini Skirts

I used to joke to my mother that she should not discard her old clothes and shoes because I may need them one day. Fashion moves in cycles and I see people my generation going after fashion that I used to see in my mother's old photos, from hairstyle to clothes and shoes, bags, accessories and even the shape of sunglasses!

The mini skirt is back, if you did not notice yet. The warm weather is to be blamed, I say. And girls just want the opportunity to show off some tan skin. I say "blame" because, you know what? Not every girl could carry a mini skirt well. I know I don't, but I KNOW it and I avoid mini skirts!

But for those with slim legs, the good thing about mini skirts is that they don't require the wearer to be tall. Yes, even the not so tall could look good in a mini skirt, but of course, if one isn't that tall, it would not look good to match a mini skirt with a pair of thigh high boots!

When I was younger, I used to own a couple of denim mini skirts. Denim is like an all-season material. I wonder where my skirts are now. Perhaps they are chucked at the bottom of my wardrobe or something. It’s time I look for them, not to wear but to give them away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment