Vocation To Religious Life | Ramblings of an e-trader

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Vocation To Religious Life

I met a friend a couple of days ago and was very surprised to learn that he is now a pastor at a neighborhood church. Previously, he was a pharmacist who has his own business in our neighborhood too. I knew that he sold off his business to a lady pharmacist but didn't know that he went to study Theology and became a pastor.

What surprised me was that he was willing to let go of his worldly wealth; as I understand it, he was making a five figure income per month running his own business. Not only did he turn his life entirely around, he even contributed the money he profited from the sale of his business to his church. I guess a vocation to religious life is not something that everyone understands.

Even when he was a pharmacist, whenever I drop by at his shop, I would see him on the phone talking to church members, arranging church activities and hosting cell meetings. I guess that he finally took a step further to be a pastor should come as no surprise, seeing how involved he was.

For people who are interested in receiving Theology Degrees, they should check out ILIFF.edu. It is a leading theological school in the United States of America with internationally known professors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment