Is Pos Malaysia downsizing? | Ramblings of an e-trader

Saturday 15 April 2006

Is Pos Malaysia downsizing?

This was what I've been told. I spent the last week at my regular post office being in queues of over 50 people, with only two counters operating! At its height, there were 6 counters and one of them was especially for Poslaju packages. Now I have to queue up with the rest of the people.

During "normal hours" there will be three counters opened... but who doesn't know about Malaysian workers? One of them will either be on brunch, lunch or restroom break, so there'll only be two counters operating at any one time.

Each time, I had to wait for more than 30 minutes and once, I even waited for a whole hour! Arrrgghh imagine all the time wasted. Goodness.... do they think that people have no work to do and can afford to spend a whole day at the post office to pay bills or ship out packages?

Once, I picked up a better number when someone gave up half way, and I gave my number to a Malay lady. She was so happy. Another time, I helped a Chinese lady to pay her bills, so she didn't have to wait as long as required. And another time, I gave my number to an Indian lady just as she was entering the post office. I managed to make three strangers (and of different races, too) happy this week, despite the dreary situation. So, yeah.... it's good to touch lives once in a while =)

If you are a Pos Malaysia staff reading this, please bring back the Poslaju counter!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment