Uncle, Auntie, I DID NOT Cut Your Q! | Ramblings of an e-trader

Tuesday 27 June 2006

Uncle, Auntie, I DID NOT Cut Your Q!

This morning, I was at the Post Office (ya, again, blehhhh) and as usual, the designated Poslaju counter was closed. Once, I enquired before, "Where's the clerk?" And the reply I received was, "Dia pergi rehat."

I really don't understand why workers need to go for a tea break (or rehat) at 10.30 ~ 11am, when work just started at 8 ~ 8.30am. Eerrmm what's so tiring after only working for 2 hours or so? It baffles me....

Anyway, to get back to my story, I went to queue up at an alternative counter. If the designated Poslaju counter is closed, then Poslaju customers can queue up at either of the other two counters, without having to get a number and wait for that number to be called.

So I straight away queued up at the alternative counter, and I heard an elderly couple, who were waiting for their turn (they had to wait since they were there to settle their bills), whispering to each other that I cut queue.

Hello Uncle & Auntie, I did not cut your line and I could easily pay your bills on your behalf, but since you have misunderstood me, then too bad lah ...

Unfortunately, in case you do not know, even if I have stepped into that Post Office a thousand times, I do not get preferential treatment, so ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment