My First & Last Time | Ramblings of an e-trader

Saturday 1 July 2006

My First & Last Time

...........@ Tesco Ipoh's post office.

When I first found out the new operating hours of this particular post office, I was very happy as this is the only branch in Ipoh that operates after 5pm. I even blogged on it
HERE.

As I had a Registered Airmail letter to send out yesterday evening, I decided to take this opportunity to try out its service at Tesco, Ipoh.

I reached the post office 25 minutes before closing time. And there was only one other customer who was being attended to at one counter, and I was being attended to at the other counter.

There were only two counters opened, so what's new, eh?

The clerk told me it's MYR5.90 (MYR2 for postage, MYR3.90 for international registration), which is correct. Like I said,
I always weigh my mail at home first.

I paid him and he stuck the Registration sticker on my envelope and *chopped* (*stamped* in proper English) on the Registration slip and handed it to me and gave me the signal like, "OK, you're done."

But I continued to stand there waiting for him to stick the MYR2 postage stamp on my envelope. So, he asked me, "What?"

I said, "You haven't stick on the MYR2 stamp."

And know what he replied? "THERE!" pointing at the envelope. But his "THERE!" was only the writing of "2" on the envelope.

So I said, "Tak lekat pun."

And he replied, "Yalah, nanti saya lekat la. Let me clear the crowd first."

Hello, there was NO crowd just now but because you delayed your job, a few people had gathered at the counter. And these people, don't they know how to wait for their turn to be called?

What's so difficult in taking out a MRY2 piece of postage stamp and stick it on? Most clerks will let the customer do it so that they can attend to the next customer. And I'm OK with that.

But this clerk, he took my letter and I couldn't ask him to return to me since he already *chopped* the receipt. And I couldn't make a bigger fuss in case he delayed or destroyed my letter altogether.

So, I have to trust him to "do it later." But he has created doubt in me. I don't have a good feeling about it. I just thank God that I tested this post office out with just an unimportant mail, and NOT my merchandise.

I feel like taking this issue up to the authorities. MYR2 may not be much but imagine what if it happens ten times a day?

For all my important mail and packages, I will continue to use the one I have been using since years ago, despite its, at times, humongous crowd and the slightly slow counter service.

All I care is its excellent delivery service. A percentage of my reputation as an e-trader is in the hands of the postmen too.


Convenience in its operating hours and the practically empty-of-customer office is immaterial to me IF its service is not up to par.

0 comments:

Post a Comment