Don't Expect A Reply From Me | Ramblings of an e-trader

Tuesday 19 June 2007

Don't Expect A Reply From Me

One thing I can't stand when I am reading text is when people write using SMS lingo. To me, SMS lingo should only be confined to SMS messages but the trend now is to write similarly in forums and blogs, which I hate. If I could help it, I won't even read. When one writes in short form, only the writer will understand what is being written.

As you know, I spend a lot of time in forums, both international and local. Recently, quite a number of people, mostly new members, went to eBay Malaysia forum to ask questions and they wrote in short form. Like I said, I don't even bother with them. I may have read one or two posts but I don't bother to reply. Call me mean or whatever but if you want an answer then you should learn to ask PROPERLY.

If you are asking in horrible English, what sort of reply do you expect?

I don't know if it is just me but if someone writes like that I have the feeling that he is not serious so I'll just let him be, even if I do know the answer to his questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment