Don't You Just Freaking Hate This? | Ramblings of an e-trader

Friday 20 June 2008

Don't You Just Freaking Hate This?

Just when you thought that you have bagged the best deal in the recent Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale and that you have saved 50% and then another 25% on top of that for your favorite items, you receive information that Victoria's Secret is going to do a clearance sale with 40% off on top of that already low price?

I don't know how many times Victoria's Secret has thrown this kind of gimmick. It is because I am on their mailing list that I am so aware of their every move. For the casual shopper, they are happy when they have bought from Victoria's Secret, and then forget about them until the next Semi-Clearance sale.

Well, luckily I did not purchase anything from them yet. I admit that I was tempted but luckily I did not give in to the temptation! USD is not going any lower, you know? And money is not easy to come by during this time of economic downturn.

Anyway, now that I know their sales and marketing gimmick, I don't think I will make any purchase from them when they call a sale the first time. Patience is truly a virtue when it comes to online shopping!

2 comments:

Olive Poppy said...

That is disgusting. I get really pissed off when something I just bought went on sale.But whenever I wait till "further reductions", they always ran outta my size. :/

CyberPartyGal said...

Hi MisSmal,


I know what you mean! I try to hold off as long as possible, yet knowing that I may not be able to get what I want because of size or stock.

But I guess, then I would have a good excuse not to buy anything! Save $$$$ LOL

Post a Comment