Phishing Email With "Discover Card" | Ramblings of an e-trader

Tuesday 17 June 2008

Phishing Email With "Discover Card"

Today, I received an email from "Discover Card" mentioning that they have updated my email details and that I should verify my email address by clicking on the link in the email. Hmm that certainly is fishy as I do not hold any Discover Card.

So what did I do with it? I hoveed my cursor over the link and sure enough, it leads to a Russian site. Of course I did not click on the link. I was just curious and I think that it's pretty dumb of these phishers to not mask these links and make them look more authentic. Hehe

Still, I wonder how many people have already been duped by such emails. Well, I think they must know already from reading so many unfortunate stories of having their identities stolen, or having their accounts hacked and taken over.

Anyway, I hope that people will be more alert when it comes to receiving email from unverified sources.

0 comments:

Post a Comment