Home Office Business Is Not For Everyone | Ramblings of an e-trader

Saturday 26 July 2008

Home Office Business Is Not For Everyone

While I have a handful of female friends who are successful in their home based business, I also know of friends who wanted to stay home for the family and yet earn a decent amount of income so as not to depend on the husband entirely and also have some extra spending money for the children.

However, having observing different people, I come to realise that home office business is not suitable for everyone. For one, you will be working for yourself and most of the time, working BY YOURSELF, if you know what I mean. It could be extremely boring on some days and you will definitely miss the busi-ness and noisy chatter that all offices have.

And you will not have any colleagues whom you could gossip with or go to lunch with. Then there will be children, parents, husband, neighbours, pets and everything else distracting you from work. One could easily slip into a wrong routine. Working from home basically needs a lot of discipline and way more sacrifices but it could be absolutely rewarding too!

As a single woman, it will be harder still because the only motivating factor is YOU and there's no immediate support in the form of husband or family. Having said this, after working for myself for years, I can say that there is no better feeling than to know that I will work when I want to not when I need to. It's very fulfilling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment