The Browser Highlighter | Ramblings of an e-trader

Wednesday 1 October 2008

The Browser Highlighter

Earlier yesterday, eBay released their new browser extension (or plug in) for Firefox and internet Explorer that allows users to compare price easily on a host of shopping sites and reveal in a new winder prices of the same item on eBay auction and Buy it Now (BIN) listings.

Right now, this extension, known as the browser highlighter, is only available for machine that runs on Windows and for Firefox and IE browsers only but it will soon be made available for MAC machines and their Safari browser.

At the moment, The Browser Highlighter only has two functions; to compare prices on certain websites and to make calls via Skype but it will expand to include PayPal and Stumble Upon, all sister companies of eBay. For more information, check out The Browser Highlighter at their new website: http://www.browserhighlighter.com/

I actually downloaded The Browser Highlighter but changed my mind about installing yet another browser toolbar on my computer. I am not sure I need more of my browsing pattern being tracked. I do not, after all, shop that much on eBay and even if I do shop, I always want to look for the cheapest and those are usually cheap because of misspellings. I may, however, install this toolbar once this is out of Beta. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment