Escalating Car Costs | Ramblings of an e-trader

Thursday 2 October 2008

Escalating Car Costs

So interest rates for car hire purchase have risen almost 1.1%. I expected it to go up but did not anticipate such a steep rise. What to do? We are also experiencing credit crunch and inflation. I guess I would have to hold the purchase of my own car.

I don't actually need a car, particularly not the cost of maintaining one since I am taking care of the family car. Talking about the car, our road tax and auto insurance will be due next month and I have to start hunting for cheaper auto insurance.

I have started to compare auto insurance quotes from a few leading insurance companies but have not committed myself. I don't know, the difference doesn't seem too much but it all adds up. The reduced fuel price isn't helping much so I will have to think of other ways to cut the cost of maintaining the car. SIGH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment