Going Separate Ways | Ramblings of an e-trader

Saturday 4 October 2008

Going Separate Ways

If you remember, a couple of months ago, I mentioned that I may be going into a joint venture with a friend who is interested in starting an ecommerce store selling ladies' fashion. He said he wants to partner with me because I have the experience and I would be in charge of online sales while he would be in charge of procurement.

Well, I guess I will have to say that our plans never did take off because he is not someone who is serious about ecommerce. He, after all, is the son of a wealthy businessman here and he actually does not need a partner at all. I should have known better.

Anyway, he told me that he is going to set up his own company dealing in ladies' fashion and he has big plans for it. He is going to engage a marketing company to help him bring out his brand name to the masses and I think he has some pretty huge promotional events planned.

As for me, I plan to continue with my lingerie business and will not be going into ladies’ fashion for the time being. After all, I am more interested in lingerie than in clothes or footwear. Those will only come later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go entreprenuer :) come join us for MYE meet-ups if you like. Its a good place to network and meet other like minded people.

CyberPartyGal said...

Thanks for the invitation. I'm in Ipoh, though. :-)

Post a Comment