eBay Unpaid Item Strike Received: #130042365011 | Ramblings of an e-trader

Sunday 4 January 2009

eBay Unpaid Item Strike Received: #130042365011

I received an email warning purportedly from eBay, with an unpaid item strike. The email came with two links, both linking to a webpage, that is in fact a phishing site hosted in Russia.

I am active on eBay but luckily I use a separate email account for my eBaying activities and this phishing mail landed in a different email account.

eBay phishing emails are easy to spot. Firstly, as you can see from this screenshot that I have enclosed, Cyrillic alphabet is used. The email was addressed to "nobody" (real eBay messages address us by our real name) and the links are directed to http://xxx.rbcmail.ru (this is not the full link to avoid readers from accidentally clicking).

Luckily also, I am did not bid on any item this past two weeks and besides, I never forget to make payments to Sellers, after all, I too always hope that I will meet good Buyers in my own sales.

So, if you have also received something like this, just report it as a phishing mail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment