Why Not Just Verify MyKad? | Ramblings of an e-trader

Saturday 17 January 2009

Why Not Just Verify MyKad?

If you are a Seller on eBay Malaysia, I believe you would have been forced to place your credit card on file with eBay. I was very reluctant to do so and in the end, decided to just place my debit card with them. Otherwise, I would not be able to list new items or even relist recent items.

This got me thinking that instead of forcing us to place our credit card on file, eBay should just verify our MyKad, which every Malaysian above 12 years old has. This would not create any inconvenience like placing a credit card, or even a debit card, would bring.

I know that a credit card is on file is necessary to eBay because this means that they could charge us in case we failed to settle our eBay bill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment