Lighting Effect | Ramblings of an e-trader

Thursday 11 June 2009

Lighting Effect

My neighbor recently changed the lights of her house from white to yellow. I asked her why and she said that yellow lights are friendlier to the eyes. I read that somewhere before too and had thought of changing the lights of my house as well!

My neighbor told me that since it's already time to rewire the house, she decided to change all her lights, not only from white to yellow but also to energy saving light bulbs. I wonder how much electricity she saves monthly now.

I visited her house a couple of days ago and was surprised to see that her house seems more spacious now. I know it's just lighting effect and the physical size of her rooms remain the same but still, I love the idea that a house like hers had a fresh look after changing the lights and the placement of them. I didn't ask her if she had engaged the help of an interior decorator but I think this effect is something that I could apply to my own house too. Bur first, I would have to do some research online since I prefer to DIY!

StyleHive has featured a very good selection of lighting products. It is definitely a good place to start my research!

0 comments:

Post a Comment