Big-Ticket Purchase | Ramblings of an e-trader

Saturday 4 December 2010

Big-Ticket Purchase

A friend recently bought a car for her 40th birthday, putting aside her dream of owning an RV and taking the kids on cross country trips. She said that at this point, without the support of her husband, she would end up only owning n RV when she turns 60. By then, she would be taking her grandchildren in it.

My friend told me that even though her husband is not supportive right now, he may change his mind when he has retired. That's why she is already calculating the cost of owning an RV, adding up miscellaneous cost, including 5th wheel insurance, which maybe people overlook.

Frankly, it has also always been my dream to go on cross country road trips. Maybe I could propose to her that she and I go on trips by ourselves and leave the family at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment