Lelong Premium Listing | Ramblings of an e-trader

Sunday 12 July 2009

Lelong Premium Listing

I had wanted to write about this but kept forgetting. It's Lelong.com.my's premium listing. As a small timer, I try not to raise my cost, which eventually be passed on to my buyers, that's why I see myself using premium listing anytime soon. Do people want convenience of being able to search for something that could be a tad costly, or would they not mind spending a little time to search deeper but at the end of it, bag a good deal?

I know a couple of friends who are trading on Lelong who are utilizing this service. They tell me that they want to be at the top of search results. Well, if Lelong is stricter to their sellers with the keywords and categories, we wouldn't have so much clutter that shoppers and potential buyers have to sieve through.

I haven't the chance to ask these two people if they have seen a surge in their sales volume yet but you know, even if you are paying for premium listing, there is no guarantee that your item will be at the top stop. Top ten perhaps, but no guarantee of being number one. After all, it is based on bid amount on relevant keywords. If another seller who is selling something similar is willing to pay more than you to be placed higher in Lelong search results, then sorry to say you will be pushed down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment