Reporting Phishing Email To MyCERT | Ramblings of an e-trader

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Reporting Phishing Email To MyCERT

If you have been following my blog these couple of days, you would know that I received two phishing emails purportedly from HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad. I believe they are from the same source, though definitely not from HSBC.

I have the intention of reporting them to HSBC Malaysia but could not find any quick link on their website to enable me to do so. A friend told me to email HSBC directly with the subject "Phishing Email" or something like that but it is not convenient and the email address is not one that is dedicated to reporting of phishing emails.

Another friend came to my rescue and told me that I don't have to report to HSBC Malaysia specifically. Just forward those email headers to "Malaysian Computer Emergency Response Team- MyCERT" at mycert@mycert.org.my.

I actually trashed the email messages already but salvaged them and will report to MyCERT soon, once I am done with work. Anyway, I think companies should make it easier for us to report such phishing attempts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment