FIFA World Cup Fever | Ramblings of an e-trader

Friday 30 April 2010

FIFA World Cup Fever

My male friends are all suffering from football fever already and it isn't even June yet. You know, it's the same fever that badminton fans suffer from during Thomas Cup! It amuses me every season because these people think that being a sports star is just short term training but it’s not.

My brother-in-law, who lives in Tennessee, where football is known as soccer, tells me that he couldn't wait for his child to be born so that he could pass the love of the sport to the next generation. He doesn't mind if the child is a boy or girl as soccer is also a sport that has a huge female following too!

I can just imagine him setting up his huge backyard with Soccer Nets and inviting all the neighborhood kids to come and play. Perhaps he will even equip every kid with their own soccer uniform. Yes, he is that huge a soccer fan!

My sister says that he owns original jerseys of all teams and he wouldn't even wear them. I think that he's being smart and treating the jerseys more like collector's item and perhaps he hopes that he could fetch a handsome sum from his collection.

*** This post has been sponsored.

0 comments:

Post a Comment