Saving For A Child | Ramblings of an e-trader

Friday 30 April 2010

Saving For A Child

I was chatting with my sister last night and she said that since she is having a baby late, she is a little worried that she may not be able to see him through university financially. They are doing fine now and preparing for the arrival of their first baby later this year but what happens when the parents no longer has working life?

I told my sister that she should invest in gold from the beginning. I think it's a pretty good idea to buy gold coins, maybe every year on their child's birthday or something like that. By the time the child is 18, the investment would be sizeable.

I suggested gold because it's hassle-free investment and does not need any "topping up". Besides, gold price is so stable, and has been for generations, one doesn't need to watch over it all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment