EPF vs. Life Insurance | Ramblings of an e-trader

Thursday 27 May 2010

EPF vs. Life Insurance

I was looking through the booklet that I obtained from the IRS and understand that we could receive tax relief of up to MYR6000 for both life insurance and EPF (Employees Provident Fund) and I was thinking of putting all my money into an EPF account to enjoy this tax relief.

However, a friend pointed out to me that I should split my money into both EPF and life insurance. He explained that EPF is a retirement fund while the primary purpose of life insurance is to protect my loved ones who depend on my income to support them.

Even with this understanding, I am just as confused how I should save my money and reduce my tax payable. I still have some months to work this out. Hopefully, I would be able to make a good decision.

0 comments:

Post a Comment