Where Is the Fault? | Ramblings of an e-trader

Thursday 16 October 2008

Where Is the Fault?

Recently, I have been having an issue with my modem which disconnects me from my broadband internet connection intermittently. it drives me up the wall because I need a stable and reliable fast broadband internet connection in the course of my work. I hate it when my connection breaks when I am uploading or downloading a file, especially when it is a large one!

After suffering from this frequent disconnection where I suspected that the adapter was faulty, then the cables and even made calls to my service provider, I finally came to the conclusion that the problem was the modem itself.

I tried to alternate this modem with another just to check its pattern of disconnection and I even moved a couple of portable fans to blow at my modem directly to provide better ventilation and to cool it down but it does not work.

While I thought that it was overheating that is causing me this problem, and I know that for a normal modem, I could switch it on for 24 hours a day, this hasn't solved my problem. I guess I will have no choice but to request for an exchange with the shop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment