Message Via eBay System Delayed In My Messages | Ramblings of an e-trader

Tuesday 4 November 2008

Message Via eBay System Delayed In My Messages

As you know, if you are using websites like eBay and PayPal, you have to be extra careful when receiving emails through the system. It most probably is a legitimate message but it could also be a message purportedly from eBay or a eBay member. Technology is so advanced and scammers are keeping up with it that the average email user could be well deceived into clicking links that come in these seemingly real email.

The other day, I received a message from my Buyer via the eBay system. As usual, I did not click on the email message to respond to her but log into my eBay account to access the message from there and respond to it. However, when I logged into my account, the message did not appear in My Messages until HOURS later. I did not check exactly how many hours it took but I already took the chance of responding to her from the email that came in.

It is very unsettling to have to take this risk and at the same time maintain my reputation as a fast action seller on eBay with a short response time and swift delivery. Luckily, it was a legitimate message and clicking on the large yellow Respond Now did not cause me unnecessary harm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment