Promotional T-Shirt Freebie | Ramblings of an e-trader

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Promotional T-Shirt Freebie

I went to buy a mono laser printer at the just concluded PC Fair. The vendor that I went to could not match the price of another vendor at the fair, so I said that he should make up the difference in freebies.

So this vendor said that he would give me a trolley. I said I don't want that because I do not see a need for a trolley. He said that I could do my shopping at the morning market with the trolley but I already have one at home.

He then said that he would give me a calculator. I already have a calculator and am using the same product right now, why would I need a second unit?

He subsequently told me that he would give me a free t-shirt and I was aghast. Why would I pay to buy something and get a t-shiort to wear and continue to promote this brand name? If the company wants me to promote the brand name and product by wearing the free t-shirt wherever I go, wouldn't it be more logical to give the mono laser printer to me free, as compensation? Doesn't this make more sense??

0 comments:

Post a Comment