Apple iTunes Gift Card Scam | Ramblings of an e-trader

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Apple iTunes Gift Card Scam

Although gift cards remain the most popular gift, especially among females, when I was searching for something on eBay, I noticed that there are quite a few people selling iTunes gift cards at an attractive price that is lower than face value of the card.

I thought of getting these cards for myself and friends but I remember reading and even blogging about how some sellers obtained such cards by paying for them with stolen credit cards and then selling them for cheap for cash. I did a search online and this modus operandi seems to be still ongoing.

Of course it is very easy for Apple iTunes to lock these cards numbers. Not only that. iTunes even deactivate accounts of users when these users don't know better. To avoid such hassle, I think I'd rather full price for my gift cards. SIGH!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment