Gold Gifts | Ramblings of an e-trader

Sunday 5 December 2010

Gold Gifts

I attended a Chinese wedding dinner last evening, an event that my family and I were obligated to attend. My mother at first proposed that we buy gold coins for the bridal couple but I thought that since we are not that close, we didn't have to be so lavish.

Chinese people love gold gifts, especially in weddings. And the bride's parents and in-laws all bought the new couple various gold jewelries and gifts. Both the bride and groom come from privileged families so I wouldn't be surprised if they were gifted gold accounts at a bank by their parents to start of a new journey as a couple.

I told my mother to keep those gold coins that she wanted to buy, for me if and when I get married! i don't mind receiving coins as gifts as long as they are in gold!

0 comments:

Post a Comment