Automated Customer Service | Ramblings of an e-trader

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Automated Customer Service

I read about a lady's awful experience with PayPal's automated customer service and how exasperated she is because she was not able to reach a HUMAN who could provide her with a solution that makes sense.

What added to her frustrations was that almost all problems that are PayPal related are money related as well. In this lady's case, she sent $500 to her daughter's account but the arrival was delayed for over a week.

While automated customer service is good, saving money and resources, customers should be given the option to reach a customer service representative who could handle such problems better.

When I encountered a problem with PayPal, I called them at their office. They could not provide me with a solution and asked me to wait two weeks. I did and the problem righted itself. I shudder to think of the frustrations I would encounter if it was a larger problem. Or bigger sum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment