Ramadan Bazaar | Ramblings of an e-trader

Thursday 27 August 2009

Ramadan Bazaar

My friend sent me a text message last evening asking me if I have visited the Ramadan bazaar near my home. There are two nearby actually, and these vendors selling Ramadan food and goodies would be here for the full fasting month.

I usually would visit the bazaars though like everything else, I am giving them a miss this year. I reckon that like past years business is very brisk because not only are these bazaars visited by Muslims who would pick up some food for their opening of fast, non Muslims also love to treat themselves to these food, which may not be easily bought if it's not the month of Ramadan. I think we could call them "seasonal food" too.

My non-Muslim friends tell me that they look forward to the month of Ramadan for the food only, much like many people look forward to the durian season. Of course, if you cannot tolerate the pungent smell of durians, the King of fruits, that's another issue altogether!

0 comments:

Post a Comment