Sharing A Housewarming Gift | Ramblings of an e-trader

Thursday 27 August 2009

Sharing A Housewarming Gift

My friend, Terrence, will be holding a housewarming party next week in conjunction with Independence Day. He actually already moved into his new home a couple of months ago but has only just finished unpacking and settling down into the home enough to host a party.

With all the things that are going on in my life right now, I had to turn down his invitation. However, I proposed to a mutual friend, Sandy, to share a housewarming gift for him. She is attending the party so she would be the one choosing and buying the gift. I am just going to pay half the cost of it. Just the kind of arrangement I like, actually, since I do not have time to worry about these things at the moment.

Sandy told me that she is looking at ovens and may get one full-featured oven for Terrence. I guess every home needs an oven but I haven't asked if Terrence already has an oven! According to Sandy, an oven is large enough a gift to be shared between two people but is small enough to be carried by one person. LOL Poor Sandy has to do all the hard work this time. I hope Terrence appreciates it no matter what gift Sandy ends up buying!

0 comments:

Post a Comment