Celebrity Sighting | Ramblings of an e-trader

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Celebrity Sighting

A couple of days ago, I had the luck to bump into a Hollywood celebrity at a local exhibition. I am not going to mention her name here but if you know where I come from, you would know who I am referring to. There is only ONE Hollywood star from my hometown as far as I know!

I understand that this celebrity travels extensively but takes the trouble to come home as her family is still here and her parents are elderly. Besides, her father is not in the best of health. However, each time she is home, it is always a low-key affair. I was told that nobody would realize that she has arrived at the airport here so unlike other Hollywood stars, there is no crowd to welcome her home. That's the way she likes it, it seems.

I think it all boils down to security issues. Imagine if there was a crowd of fans waiting for her at the airport and the airports here lack Airport Security Stanchion and crowd control devices, unlike other modern, larger airports in more advanced countries. The situation may get out of control. Not only would it be difficult for her to move, fans may even get hurt.

Anyway, if you are thinking of bumping into her this time around, she has left for Hong Kong already. Better luck next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment