Spam From Online Payment Gateway Providers | Ramblings of an e-trader

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Spam From Online Payment Gateway Providers

I have been receiving way too many emails from various local online payment gateway provides. I treat these emails as spam mail as they are not solicited. In fact, just because I run an online retail store doesn't mean that I need an online payment gateway provider. This is because my sales volume is low and Paypal would suffice. A friend told me PayPal may be expensive to some but compared to other online payment gateway providers, PayPal remains as one of the most competitive.

Truth be told, I hardly ever visit the websites of these spammers. I do sometimes read their email and I noticed that many of them who write in do not even provide their full name. Why would one use an initial if it was a business or professional email?

If I was running a company that makes me a high risk merchant, then I surely would check these services out since most banks would not handle high risk merchant accounts. So for the time being, I continue to trash these emails as they come in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment