Torn RM50 Notes From Maybank ATM | Ramblings of an e-trader

Friday 14 May 2010

Torn RM50 Notes From Maybank ATM

I went to withdraw RM3000 from a Maybank ATM at a Maybank branch near my home one evening a few days ago. When I went home to calculate if the amount was dispensed correctly, I was dismayed to see that three RM50 notes were actually torn and stuck back together with cellophane tape.

Now, I am sure most of us know that torn notes are not accepted by most merchants unless they "close one eye" that is why I am surprised that Maybank would still dispense such notes to their unlucky customers. And these notes, as you can see from the image that I have enclosed, are stuck together so neatly, this is the job of a bank staff!

Now I will have make a trip to the bank during office hours because I cannot use these notes elsewhere. You tell me pissed off or not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment